The Technical Administrator Unix is the main operational role for the provision of the Unix operational services. Is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance.
- Professional experience on Linux
- Comfortable with most aspects of administration of systems
- Extensive understanding of most of the technical aspects and concepts.
- Ability to write automation solutions in some language (e.g. Python, Ansible, Bash, Perl)
- Extensive knowledge network OSI model
- Day-to-day infrastructure operations
- Backup and recovery within a Linux or Unix based system
- Incidents resolution and problems identification
- Infrastructure monitoring, availability testing and reporting
- Implements standard changes and service requests
- Documentation management.
- On-call service
- ITIL knowledge
Your profile :
Successful candidate must work independently and in a team environment to maintain and troubleshoot the Unix infrastructure.
Skills in the following technologies and tools:
- RedHat Entreprise
- RedHat Satellite
- Working knowledge of Linux or Unix based environments
- Working knowledge of Linux or Unix shell scripting
- Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, SUSE) system administration
- Linux VMs running in a virtualization environment (Nutanix AHV, VMWare, Virtualbox, Hyper-V
Additionally, demonstrate ownership and responsibility in all assignments to include incident management system queues, Effective communication all assignment details verbally and in writing with Manager, team members and outside where required.
College background (bachelor) or proof of experience.
English is mandatory, any other language is considered an asset.