With the shift in focus by top investment executives towards […]
With the shift in focus by top investment executives towards mitigating risk and increasing efficiency also in the front office, SimCorp is now introducing a new front office suite within SimCorp Dimension, its seamless enterprise solution for investment management organisations.
The suite features fully scalable front office support for portfolio managers, compliance managers and traders. It is included in the latest release of SimCorp Dimension, version 4.7, which has been developed over the past 6 months using more than 100,000 man-hours.
In addition, this release also includes a vast range of new functionality and enhancements for middle and back office processes to support SimCorp Dimension users in their continuous endeavour to mitigate risk and reduce cost, while preparing for growth in the aftermath of the financial crisis.
Among other new functionality in this semi-annual release, three new front office management tools have been introduced:
• The Asset Manager: a central position analysis and decision support platform
• The Compliance Manager: featuring tools for handling increasingly complex client mandates
• The Order Manager: enabling investment management organisations to adapt quickly to market requirements.
Furthermore, SimCorp Dimension users can benefit from
• A new module for managing the post trade risk compliance process
• The Fund Administration Manager, which enables users to manage the fund administration process in one screen and thus reduce operational cost and risk
• The Netting Monitor that automates the netting process
• A new solution to manage commercial lending processes
• Improved archiving functionality to enable archiving of large amounts of data efficiently
Increase speed of IT implementation and change management
with SimCorp Services
While investment managers are increasingly triggered by the current market environment to focus greater attention on their IT infrastructures in their constant undertaking to mitigate operational risk, find long-term cost savings and position themselves for sustainable future growth, SimCorp also launches a series of new service offerings to supplement traditional implementation and educational services.
Individually, or in any combination, SimCorp Services allow clients to free up key resources so that they can focus on their core business opportunities and thus on increasing their competitive advantage. As one example, within the area of transition and operational services, by deploying SimCorp’s certified SimCorp Dimension specialists, SimCorp is now capable of taking on the entire responsibility of managing system incidents from the client’s side as part of the client’s team.
SimCorp Services have been developed through input from a number of major financial institutions and are designed to help SimCorp Dimension clients position themselves for future growth.