The PwC Cybersecurity & Privacy Day occurring on Thursday 13th of October is now open for registration! Request an invitation now!
The PwC Cybersecurity & Privacy Day occurring on Thursday 13th of October is now open for registration! This year’s event will be held physically at PwC Luxembourg’s premises on the 13th of October. The agenda of the day will include many presentations as well as two interactive workshops sessions. Furthermore, the top five innovative solutions selected for this year’s Cybersecurity & Privacy Solution of the Year Award will compete during the Pitching Contest.
The mission of the PwC Cybersecurity and Privacy Day is to help all businesses stay as secure as possible in a complex and dynamic digital society.
This year’s main theme will focus on the topic of Critical Infrastructure Protection. As cyber threats become more sophisticated and increasingly target operators of critical infrastructure, industries and organisations must urgently assess and uplift their cyber resilience.
Koen Maris, Advisory Partner and Cybersecurity Leader PwC Luxembourg, says, “Critical infrastructures are at the very core of our living environment. When these are threatened, it is our entire society that can be affected. With ever-changing methods of cyber attacks, it is essential that businesses assess and continuously update and improve their cyber resilience in order to remain efficient and secure. Because this is something we value, the PwC Cybersecurity and Privacy Day on 13 October will be dedicated to the security of these infrastructures. Our agenda for the day promises to be intense, interactive and social as it will be held at the PwC premises. The event will culminate in a cocktail reception so that we can all network. We are hoping to see as many of you as possible to ensure an effective awareness- raising event that will allow companies to seamlessly pursue their growth.”
This year’s event will be held physically at PwC Luxembourg’s premises on the 13th of October. The agenda of the day will include many presentations as well as two interactive workshops sessions. Furthermore, the top five innovative solutions selected for this year’s Cybersecurity & Privacy Solution of the Year Award will compete during the Pitching Contest.
Participants will benefit from internationally renowned speakers, shedding light on challenges we are facing in today’s sophisticated digital world. This year, we are very excited with the expertise of our speakers who were carefully selected with the topic of critical infrastructure in mind.
Make sure you request an invitation to join us! We hope to see you in October 2022 in Luxembourg!
Speakers highlights include:
- Paul Rhein, Governmental Computer Emergency Response Team Luxembourg (GOVCERT.LU), Ministère d’État Luxembourg: Paul Rhein will give a short and engaging presentation of GOVCERT, followed by an introduction to the Network and Information Security Guidelines and the NIS Directives: “NIS one, two, … ready to go?”.
- Eric Kalajzic, Belgian Defence: Colonel Eric Kalajzic will consider the problem of critical infrastructures in an interconnected environment from both a defensive and offensive point of view. Taking into consideration the recent events, as the revival of geopolitical rivalries, terrorism, transnational crime, how can we cope and avoid paralysis?
- Christian D’Cunha, DG CONNECT, European Commission: Digital privacy depends on cybersecurity, but ensuring cybersecurity may also require some interference with privacy. Thus, Christian D’Cunha will give a speech offering some personal reflections on the interdependencies and tensions between them.
- Dalia Khader: , Swiss Life & Donia El Kateb , EIB, will host a talk on “Hacking a time machine: cyber security – the past, the present, the future.” and invite us to revisit our mindset towards cybersecurity strategies by looking into historical attacks and more current ones.
- Jean de Chillou , CSSF & Simon Riffault , BCL will together introduce TIBER-LU, the threat intelligence based ethical red teaming framework implemented by the BCL and the CSSF.
The complete PwC Cybersecurity & Privacy Day agenda is available here.
Don’t forget to request an invitation to join us for this landmark event in Luxembourg! See you at the event!
PwC Cybersecurity & Privacy Day 2022 Pitching Competition
After an international call for submissions, PwC Luxembourg has selected five cybersecurity companies with relevant solutions for the Luxembourgish market.
The Cybersecurity & Privacy Solution of the Year Award will be conferred by the Jury to the candidate that demonstrates excellence at all levels, from strategy to execution. The Awards & Gala Night marks the highlight of the Cybersecurity Week Luxembourg on 20 October 2022.
The 2022 finalists are:
Exeon is a leading Swiss cyber security company, dedicated to protecting enterprise IT environments through AI-driven security analytics.
Solution categories: Cyber Threat Intelligence, Incident Detection & Response, Cyber Risk Management, Third Party Management, Regulatory / compliance, Artificial Intelligence for Cyber, Cyber for Artificial Intelligence.
Filancore offers SSI Identity Management Solution for IoT – Provision and manage decentralised identities and credentials for machines and small devices; manage credentials and templates.
Solution categories: Endpoint security, Third Party Management, Identity and Access management, Privacy
- Fortinium AG – Secure and scalable access to web-based services without the need of VPN
Fortinium offers secure web site access from any HTML capable endpoint applying Remote Browser Isolation. The solution supports access to any type of web sites on the public internet as well as access from home office to the corporate network without requiring VPN.
Solution categories: Cyber Threat Intelligence, Endpoint security, Regulatory / compliance, Privacy
- KeyCaliber – Analyses and identifies the best security scheme
KeyCaliber’s risk prioritisation and resource optimization platform provides full, data-driven visibility into the operational impact of assets and applications, producing the following automatically, continuously, and in real time.
Solution categories: Cyber Risk Management, Artificial Intelligence for Cyber
- SHAREKEY Swiss AG – Secure sharing of highly confidential information with Encrypted keys
SHAREKEY is a new Swiss Collaboration App, All-in-One, easy to use, app-to-app encrypted, designed to secure Business Privacy. It is the solution for Executives, Board Members, Legal and Finance to share highly confidential information inside & outside an organisation, from any location on any device.
Solution categories: Endpoint security, Cyber Risk Management, Identity and Access management, Third Party Management, Regulatory / compliance, Privacy
We invite you to take some time to look at these companies’ websites and the solutions they offer. Over the next few weeks, our website dedicated to the event will display a series of podcasts in which we interview each of the finalists to learn about their solutions.