The FITT project (Fostering interregional Exchange in ICT Technology Transfer), […]
The FITT project (Fostering interregional Exchange in ICT Technology Transfer), co-funded by the European Union (Interreg IVB NWE), is closing the gap between ICT research and the market. The project brings together seven renowned technology transfer experts from five European countries to collaboratively improve commercialisation of Europe’s best research results and to maximise their exploitation for social and economic prosperity. The FITT consortium consists of CRP Henri Tudor, MFG Baden-Württemberg mbH, INRIA, DIGITEO, IBBT, LIEU and ICBS.
Regarding the key role of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) as an important driving force for innovations, there is an explicit need to improve ICT technology transfer in order to close the commercialisation gap and to successfully turn excellent research results into marketable products. Therefore, the European FITT project has developed a practical toolbox for technology transfer officers to finally unleash Europe’s innovation potential.
In order to improve technology transfer between research and economy and to support the commercialisation of Europe’s ICT research results, the FITT project has developed a unique package of tools and services. In the FITT Toolbox seven European transfer experts have codified their practices and condensed their experience. It is now available at FITT-For-Innovation.eu.
Providing a collection of instruments, the FITT Toolbox offers practical help for technology transfer officers and their day-to-day work. It focuses on the five core BlogPosts of technology transfer and includes an overview on each BlogPost which is enriched by best-practices, case studies, instruments, external sources and articles:
- Opportunity Identification
- IP Management
- Human Resources Management
- Value Creation
- Networking & Clustering
Due to its modular structure, the FITT Toolbox offers tailored material according to the users’ need and is flexible adoptable for other European regions.
Moreover, the FITT Toolbox is going to be complemented by four additional services:
- The Community of Practice “ICT TechTransfer” connects professionals in the area of ICT technology transfer on LinkedIN and fosters exchange among practitioners.
- The Recommended Background Bibliography provides a collection of “must-reads” focusing on all aspects of technology transfer.
- The Transnational Training Programme offers a personalised service for technology transfer practitioners meeting their special training needs (available soon).
- The White Book contains recommendations for policy makers to push forward actions in order to improve the framework conditions of ICT innovations (available soon).
The complete FITT package will be available at FITT-For-Innovation.eu – for more information, contact the FITT communication officer or join the LinkedIN Group “ICT TechTransfer”.
For more informations, please contact Susanne Jehle by phone : 0711-90715-366 or email: email@example.com