The EuroCloud Luxembourg Awards 2016 Competition is opened for application.
For 2016, the EuroCloud Luxembourg Awards categories have been sharpened and adjusted to the increasing maturity of Cloud services on the European market.
Cloud Service Providers, Cloud Consultants, Cloud Start Up’s as well as Cloud Customers and Innovators of all sectors are invited to apply with their convincing Cloud services.
Subject of this competition are Cloud Services on the Luxembourg market place, whatever their specific shape is. Applications are welcome for IaaS- , PaaS- or SaaS-services either for horizontal or vertical markets, either in public, private or hybrid cloud environments, either from established Cloud providers or from Start Up’s.
A specific focus is set to Cloud Consultants who are supporting their customer’s transformation process towards cloud services on basis of a proven and successful methodology.
But also cloud customers are invited to apply, who successfully introduced cloud services to their company and who achieved a most positive business impact enabled by the cloud services introduced.
The EuroCloud Luxembourg Award 2016 Categories Details:
While the specific criteria per category as described below will be in focus when reviewed by the expert jury from all participating countries, the general quality, the professionalism and completeness of the application will be of relevance as well.
Categories for Cloud Service Providers:
This open category caters to cloud services for horizontal markets.
Among the specific characteristics that will be determined is the ability of these horizontal cloud services as far as they are likewise used in different branches (e.g. CRM, ERP, Online Storage, Archiving etc.) while fulfilling best requirements for achieving wide market acceptance. Further, the provided functionality offered through strong connectivity and interoperability and a particularly effective use of required data center resources. Of course the provided services need to comply with the requirements regarding data security and data privacy in relation to customers data sensitivity and compliance.
[button color=”blue” link=”http://www.itnation.lu/content/uploads/2016/02/Eurocloud-Luxembourg-2016-Registration-HorMark.docx”]Apply[/button]
This open category caters to cloud services for vertical markets.
Among the specific characteristics that will be determined is the ability of these vertical cloud services to fulfil the specific requirements of a particular branch or market sector (e.g. Logistics, Public Sector, Agriculture, Chemical Industries, Manufacturing etc.) while fulfilling best requirements for achieving wide market acceptance. Further, the provided functionality offered through strong connectivity and interoperability and a particularly effective use of required data center resources. Of course the provided services need to comply with the requirements regarding data security and data privacy in relation to customers data sensitivity and compliance.
[button color=”blue” link=”http://www.itnation.lu/content/uploads/2016/02/Eurocloud-Luxembourg-2016-Registration-VerMark.docx”]Apply[/button]
We are looking for start-up companies three years or younger, distinguishing themselves with innovative and future-oriented cloud services. A particular focus is given to the originality and creativity of the solution. Among the specific characteristics that will be determined in this category are the specific customer benefits enabled by the service, their scalability according to customer’s requirements. A further focus is given by the Goto Market Realization and Growth rate of the Start Up Company. Further, the provided functionality offered through strong connectivity and interoperability and a particularly effective use of required data center resources. Of course the provided services need to comply with the requirements regarding data security and data privacy in relation to customers data sensitivity and compliance.
[button color=”blue” link=”http://www.itnation.lu/content/uploads/2016/02/Eurocloud-Luxembourg-2016-Registration-Startup.docx”]Apply[/button]
Category for Cloud Consultants:
In this new category companies are invited, who provide first class consultancy services to support customers transformation and migration processes towards the utilization of cloud services. This challenging goal shall be achieved by proven methodologies and tools and shall ensure compliance conformity and a proper handling of potential business impacts for the customer. Expertly and punctual execution of the consulting service shall also be taken into account.
[button color=”blue” link=”http://www.itnation.lu/content/uploads/2016/02/Eurocloud-Luxembourg-2016-Registration-TransMet.docx”]Apply[/button]
Category for Cloud Customers:
This category is aiming for companies as cloud customers, who have successfully deployed cloud services and significantly benefited from their use in practice. The achieved user-benefits that companies have obtained whilst using cloud services will be examined. Those benefits can be achieved in various ways: By efficiency gains – such as, for example, through higher productivity or process speed, by achieved competitive advantage or (a percentage of) cost advantages.
[button color=”blue” link=”http://www.itnation.lu/content/uploads/2016/02/Eurocloud-Luxembourg-2016-Registration-Impact.docx”]Apply[/button]
[toggle title=”Application Procedure Terms and Conditions and Requirements for Entry“]
If you would like to apply for a EuroCloud Luxembourg Award, please first read the following information.
EuroCloud Luxembourg Awards 2016 Application Procedure Terms and Conditions and Requirements for Entry
Who can apply?
- Any company with headquarters or at least one office in Luxembourg who offers its products or services to the Luxembourg market, can apply for the EuroCloud Luxembourg Awards.
- Companies who apply for the Start-Up category must not have been active on the market for more than three years.
- For the Cloud Service Users category, every company using a specific cloud service can apply. There is a requirement, however, that the cloud service has been operational for at least 6 months and has completed an underlying cloud service provider contract. The provider’s headquarters, or at least one of their offices, should be located in Luxembourg .
- The winners of the EuroCloud Luxembourg Awards are automatically entered into the EuroCloud Europe Awards, unless participation will explicitly declined in writing.
- All applications for the EuroCloud Europe Award 2016 must be submitted in English.
- The national EuroCloud Award winners will also be able to present their company at the EuroCloud Congress 2016 at the end of the year.
Is a membership with EuroCloud Luxembourg a requirement for participation?
- A membership with EuroCloud is not a requirement for applying, but of course warmly welcomed.
Are there fees involved with applying?
- The application for a EuroCloud Luxembourg Awards is free of charge.
- Only the winners of the national EuroCloud Award can participate in the EuroCloud Europe Awards.
- For the participation in the EuroCloud Europe Awards 2016 a participation fee of 500 €
is obligatory and shall be submitted before the European deadline via the national EuroCloud organization. Please note that in case of winning the national award, the participation in the European contest is mandatory.
Confidentiality and Privacy
- Allapplication documents, data and presentations will be kept confidential byEuroCloud Luxembourg and the jury members and will only be usedfor purposes ofapplicationprocessing, assessment and presentationas partof theaward ceremony.
- Any further use will be subject of prior approval by the applicant.
Nominees and winners are determined by the jury. The decision is final. The decision of the panel of judges will be announced after the end of the application deadline to http://www.itnation.lu/eurocloud-awards. Should a category receive less than three applications, EuroCloud Luxembourg reserves the right not to award any company for that category.
The jury is composed of independent experts from different cloud expertise and distinction. The jury for the EuroCloud Luxembourg Awards will be published on the EuroCloud Luxembourg Awards website after the announcement of the winners.
The application process consists of an online application form which you will find on:
Your application file has to be sent in a .pdf format to the following email address: email@example.com.
Deadline for application: 21st March 2016
You can read all criteria of selection here.
These should include:
- The ECL application form in .pdf format (mandatory)
- The ECL registration form in .pdf format (mandatory)
- Your applicationpresentation in .pdf format including abrief profileof yourcloud services/your company ( 1 A4 page), a statement that distinguishes your cloud service / company and why your company should win the award (maximum one A4 page). You are free to present in whatever style or design you feel is most appropriate, but your presentation should contain meaningful and useful information that aims at convincing our judges you should be a winner. Familiarise yourself with the above criteria and make it transparent, why your service or your company has earned a EuroCloud Award (maximum 10 pages).
Save your application as follows:
ECLAwards_2016_<abbreviation of the category you apply for>_<name of your company>
Abbreviation for the categories (only for the purpose of saving the docs):
HorMark: Best Cloud Service for Horizontal Markets
VerMark: Best Cloud Service for Vertical Markets
Startup: Best Cloud Service provided by Start Up CSP’s
TransMet: Best Cloud Transformation Methods
Impact: Best Business Impact provided by Cloud Services
Please send separate .pdf file for each category you apply for.
Important: Your application can be in English or French. But in case of winning the “EuroCloud Luxembourg” award the application has to be translated in English in order to participate to the European contest. In case of winning the national award, the participation in the European contest is obligatory. The application period begins 15/02/2016 and ends 21/03/2016. The presentation of the Awards will be held on 28/04/2016, at the “Golden-i” Gala and Awards Ceremony in an exclusive setting. Once being nominated among the first three winner candidates per category, the participation in the EuroCloud Award at the end of the year needs to be ensured.