Dimension Data releases its integrated backup service to bring automation, business continuity to enterprise cloud solutions at USD 10 per cloud server plus USD 0.10/GB of data storage per month.
Dimension Data releases its integrated backup service to bring automation, business continuity to enterprise cloud solutions.
Dimension Data, the global ICT solutions and services provider, has launched Cloud Backup, an optional backup and recovery service available as an add-on to its enterprise-class Public, Private and Hosted Private Compute-as-a-Service (CaaS) offerings. With Cloud Backup, organisations are able to back up their file systems applications and data to Dimension Data’s cloud data centres, to ensure business continuity and protection for enterprise workloads. Starting October, Cloud Backup will be available on Dimension Data MCP’s located in the United States and Australia.
Dimension Data offers three classes of Cloud Backup service that address the needs for simple file and folder backup as well as full application, system and file backup and restore:
· Cloud Backup Essentials – file and folder backup and restore
· Cloud Backup Advanced – file, folder, and system state backup and restore
· Cloud Backup Enterprise – file, folder, system state, and application backup and restore
“Cloud users often manage their backup in-house, which can be complicated and costly, Steve Nola, Cloud Business Unit CEO at Dimension Data said. By offering the integrated Cloud Backup service, Dimension Data enables businesses to back up whole applications while providing assurance that historical data is secure and easy to access.”
Cloud Backup will appear as an option for CaaS users to select as they provision their cloud environment using Dimension Data’s web-based user interface (UI) or REST-based application interface (API). Other key features include:
· The ability to select a secondary data copy from any backup-enabled and configured MCPs (Managed Cloud Platform)
· Visibility into backup status, coverage and success rates
· A choice of pre-configured retention periods, from one month to seven years
· A choice of pre-configured backup windows
· Self-service access to and restoration of stored data
Availability and Pricing
Clients can setup Cloud Backup services by using Dimension Data’s self-service CloudControl web UI or API. Backup options do not need to be configured when clients initially provision their environment. After spinning up their cloud servers, clients can select the service they require at any point in the future.
The product will also be deployed in Asia, Europe and the Middle East & Africa before the end of this year. Pricing starts at USD 10 per cloud server plus USD 0.10/GB of data storage per month.