Avaya announced that it has been positioned in the Leaders Quadrant in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications* for 2014. This is the sixth consecutive year that Avaya has been placed in the Leaders Quadrant and recognized as an industry player in the unified communications (UC) and collaboration space.
Avaya announced that it has been positioned in the Leaders Quadrant in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications for 2014. This is the sixth consecutive year that Avaya has been placed in the Leaders Quadrant and recognized as an industry player in the unified communications (UC) and collaboration space.
“Today’s complex, fast-paced business world needs communications and collaboration tools that can keep its workforce ahead of the game and multi-task with elegant simplicity. This is the 21st Century communications experience that Avaya is dedicated to delivering in any deployment model our customers choose, said Philippe Hulsmans, Country Manager Avaya Belgium & Luxembourg (photo).”
“The lead UC product for large enterprises is Avaya Aura Platform, while Avaya IP Office Platform is the lead UC product targeted at small or midsize businesses (which are not the focus of this research). Other key elements in the UC portfolio include Avaya Aura Messaging, Avaya Aura Conferencing, Scopia Video Conferencing and the Avaya Aura Collaboration Environment. Avaya also offers a broad range of UC desktop, mobile, phone and video clients and endpoints. Avaya’s lead contact center solutions are Aura Contact Center and Aura Call Center Elite. The vendor continued to advance its UC cloud and managed service offerings, which are based on the same solution as the on-premises version. Avaya continues to reduce, simplify and clarify its pricing model, and now offers UC solutions in several suite configurations, note Gartner”.
- Telephony and contact center remain central elements in Avaya’s portfolio. The vendor’s strength and brand recognition in these areas help it retain market visibility while it continues to strengthen its overall UC portfolio.
- Avaya has made progress in reducing its broad array of products by focusing increasingly on specific lead products and services in each area. Similarly, Avaya has made progress simplifying pricing by focusing on suites of functionality, rather than on components. Together, these changes make it easier for partners to position Avaya UC and more effectively increase the penetration of UC across users in an organization.
- The vendor is expanding its portfolio in key ways, including Avaya Aura Collaboration Environment for enabling a broader ecosystem of partner applications, expanding middleware integration options and completing its support for virtualized servers, and Aura Cloud Enablement for a partner-led cloud offering.
- Avaya continues to expand its integration capabilities, allowing for stronger multivendor UC integration options, including integration with Microsoft Lync.
- Avaya customers report that the sales process and solution are confusing, and the solutions themselves appear as individual point solutions, rather than as a comprehensive UC suite. Buyers should ensure that their Avaya sales and support contacts have the needed skills and focus for the broad Avaya portfolio.
Avaya continues to focus on these characteristics as fundamental to its innovative solutions. At the heart of all Avaya unified communications innovations is the extension of a simple, powerful user experience that makes any channel available from any device. Avaya has been at the forefront of the mobile enterprise for over a decade, among the first to enable seamless, BYOD experiences for end users that has expanded to include web and video conferencing from virtually any device. In addition, demand for Avaya Collaborative Cloud is soaring as Cloud Service Providers and end customers seek to move into OpEx environments with Avaya Aura® unified communications capabilities.