We are currently looking for a “Service Desk Agent” in order to reinforce our team working for our infrastructure management unit.
More about the team: You will join a young team of 7, working in a good and friendly atmosphere, in a position with career evolution perspectives towards System or Network Administrator. Each team member is fluent in at least three languages: German, French and English, and most of them speak Luxembourgish too. Would you like to join such a team? What are you waiting for to apply? 🙂
The IT Service Desk Analyst will provide first and second line technical support to internal staff. The successful candidate will require an aptitude for working with applications/systems to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of staff problems, which may range from straightforward to more complicated technical issues. There is also a range of administration duties within this role. Coverage includes the Sopra Steria HQ in Luxembourg as well as remote users at other offices and home workers.
As a Service Desk team member your responsibilities will be:
- Act as a single point of contact for phone calls and emails from staff regarding IT issues and queries;
- Receiving, logging and managing calls from internal staff via telephone and email;
- Maintaining an Asset Database and track changes;
- 1st and 2nd line support – troubleshooting of IT related problems from software to hardware, such as Mobile device, Desktop and Printers, Infrastructure Management (Server, Network, Virtualization, …);
- Control set-up & working of end user devices such as PCs, printers, mobile terminals, scanners, phones, …[MB1]
Troubleshoot basic network issues such as Lease Line broadband issues;
- Escalate unresolved calls to the infrastructure support team or 3rd party;
- Log all calls in the Service Desk Call Logging systems;
- Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner;
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles;
- Provide basic in-house training in your domain expertise;
- Provide stats for the weekly Service Desk report on call trends.
- An ITIL qualification is preferable but not essential;
- A knowledge in the following domain would be considered as an asset (level 1):
- Windows & Linux Environment ( Active Directory, SCCM, …);
- Citrix Xen App (reset profile, kill session, …);
- VMware basic understanding;
- MS Office (Marco, VB);
- Veeam or other backup tools;
- Network understanding (VLAN, DNS, …).
- German, French and English knowledge are mandatory (speaking & writing);
- Excellent communication skills / Excellent organisational skills;
- Team player;
- FirstIT Service Desk and/or Call Center experience is considered as an asset;
- Basic User & Security Group Active Directory administration;
- Knowledge in Operating systems for Servers and workstation (Windows, Linux);
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Exchange within a network environment (permissions, calendar sharing, delegation);
- On-site support occasionally for end user support;
- Laptop and mobile basic setup;
- You will be a self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service;
- You are able to work in shifts (7AM – 19PM) and duty (24/7);
- Must have a driving licence.