We are looking for a Oracle Database Administrator to design, install, administer and support multiple databases run by our business-critical applications
In this role, you will design, install, administer and support multiple databases run by our business-critical applications.
Principal duties and responsibilities :
- Provide database support and troubleshooting for a number of business-critical applications coupled to our database architecture (mainly Oracle);
- Maintain optimal database performance by proposing database configuration/parameters according to application requirements and database infrastructure;
- Proactively manage data volume evolution by implementing capacity planning measures;
- Be the guardian of data security by implementing and maintaining control access permissions/privileges and monitoring security-related logs;
- Protect data integrity by developing, managing and testing database backup/restore and disaster recovery scenario;
- Develop and maintain database-related documentation (including data standards, procedures and definition for the data dictionary); • Communicate with project and development teams to define database needs and constraints;
- Analyze, design and setup new databases according to BAU and project-related needs;
- Make sure databases constantly comply with existing regulatory and legal requirements, adapt and modify whenever necessary;
- Be involved in the evolution of our database infrastructure in tight collaboration with our infrastructure provider;
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Oracle Database certification is a plus;
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar position, ideally in the banking or financial sector;
- Junior profile with good knowledge in Databases can be accepted.
- Hands-on knowledge of Oracle Database, Microsoft SQL Server, PL/SQL; Oracle RAC; ASM; Multitenant; Oracle Exadata was an asset;
- Previous experience providing IT support in a 24-hour operational environment preferred;
- Physical disk storage skills : understanding of disk hardware architecture, RAID implementation, cache controllers and disk load balancing;
- Data Security skills : understanding of relational database security including role-based security;
- Backup and Recovery skills : knowledge of third-party backup software, proven real-world experience in implementing backup and recovery methods. Knowledge of Oracle ZDLRA was an asset.
Personal Skills :
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Positive Attitude and Customer Focus
- Excellent Communication Skills in English and French (Verbal, Written, Interpersonal, Proactive listening)
- Innovative thinking and problem solving
- Ability to work under stress and meet tight deadlines;
- Effective time management;
- Mentoring / teaching ; willingness to share knowledge;
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency with troubleshooting principles, methodologies and incident resolution techniques;
- Willingness to work nights, weekends and holidays as required.
Technical environment :
- Databases : Oracle DB, Oracle Exadata, Microsoft SQL;
- Programming and scripting : Oracle PL/SQL, Korn Shell, Python.
- Operating Systems : Linux RHEL, IBM AIX, Microsoft Windows.
To apply : https://my.abakusitsolutions.eu/fr_BE/jobs/apply/lu-dba-oracle-739