Do you have extensive experience in monitoring technologies such as Nagios and/or SCOM? Do you want to participate in the definition of monitoring architecture for a large IT infrastructure?
The Monitoring Architect is responsible for the definition of Monitoring architecture. He/She will also assist project teams with technical issues including the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy, research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out solutions.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Design and review monitoring architecture.
- Responsible for the evolution of the products, and the implementation of future versions.
- Participate in the definition of procedures to be used by technical teams
- Impact assessment.
- Provides technical lead for the SCOM and Nagios Monitoring technologies.
- Capacity management for the monitoring tools.
- Participate in the integration with collaborative tools and components.
- Promote and follow prescribed project management guidelines for projects.
- Maintain documentation for all operational / support processes for the systems supported; automate repetitive processes where appropriate.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related field or the equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 6 to 10 years of related work experience including solid exposure to enterprise architecture.
- Proven experience in SCOM and Nagios.
- Ability to understand and design complex architecture for monitoring.
- Understanding of the monitored technologies like Windows, Unix, Linux, storage bays, …
- Knowledge of OS (Windows/Unix) based infrastructure services, processing, monitoring.
- Proven experience programming languages is considered as an asset.
- Experience in application/network performance and availability monitoring.
- Knowledge of ITIL functions and processes.
- Experience with administration methods, CMD, Console, WLST is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is essential.
To apply : https://my.abakusitsolutions.eu/fr_BE/jobs/apply/lu-monitoring-architect-736