Is automating everything that needs to be done more than once a passion for you? Are you experienced in cloud infrastructure?
The Cloud Engineer is an adopter of virtualization, containers, and cloud infrastructure. You should love to automate everything that needs to be done more than once and will be in charge of migrating products using container technology such as Kubernetes and provisioning platforms such as vRealize Automation. Your scope will also embrace reverse engineering of the legacy architecture and key flows, understand its key weaknesses and readiness such as security, reliability, simplicity, performance, operational agility, and automation. Design out the weaknesses, work hand in hand with the technical architects and operational teams. The final goal is to participate in the transformation of the Data Center into a full Continues Delivery pipeline with fully automated build/deploy/monitoring/resiliency processes in a fully consolidated environment with no unknown remaining legacy issues in terms of security, reliability, performance, and operational agility.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong experience with container provisioning platform such as Kubernetes.
- Basic understanding of programming concepts.
- Experience in integrating automation solutions e.g. VRO/VRA, Ansible, Jenkins,… in a larger chain.
- Experience in using vSphere and/or Virtual Center products, GCP, AWS, Azure.
- In-depth knowledge of computer networking and virtualization.
- Working knowledge of cloud management platforms.
- Knowledge of ITIL functions and processes.
- Participate in the integration with collaborative tools and components.
- Promote and follow prescribed project management guidelines for projects.
- Maintain documentation for all operational / support processes for the systems supported; automate repetitive processes where appropriate.
- Stay current with new technologies and techniques as appropriate.
- Be ready to handle on-call support in 24/7 manner and shift mode.
- Experience deploying and operating on public and private cloud framework.
- Familiarity with service design in the context of cloud-based solutions.
- Experience on Kubernetes architecture and Software engineering.
- Knowledge of performance analysis and distributed systems.
- Experience with Continuous Integration processes.
- Kubernetes certification is considered an asset.
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Ability to work and communicate in a multi-cultural environment.
- Service-oriented mind-set.
- Ability to communicate in writing and verbally in a clear and concise manner.
- Initiative, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) is essential, any other European language is a plus.
To apply : https://my.abakusitsolutions.eu/fr_BE/jobs/apply/lu-cloud-engineer-673