ILNAS organizes a training workshop “Artificial intelligence and technical standardization”
December 7 @ 09:00 - 17:00
The workshop aims to raise participants’ awareness of the importance of technical standardization in the field of information and communication technologies (ICT), particularly in the field of AI, and to better understand fundamental concepts. During the workshop, the participants will develop an image classification application in Cloud resources, while discovering how to concretely apply standards through practical use cases.
Conditions for participation in this workshop
ICT sector professionals (CEOs, CIOs, managers, consultants), entrepreneurs, researchers, as well as anybody interested in the topic and the associated standardization aspects.
Participants are required to bring their personal computers to follow and actively participate in the workshop.
Learning outcomes and objectives
- Gain awareness about the future international standard ISO/IEC 42001 « AI Management System standard », which helps to supervise the development of AI projects within an organization
- Understand the fundamentals of AI, namely in the field of image classification
- Learn the good practices related to AI system lifecycle (for example, data usage, model training, system testing) based on standards
- Understand how to address some trustworthiness risks (for example, bias, robustness) based on the inputs from standards
- Identify relevant standards and efficiently apply them in AI projects
- Be able to contribute to technical standards
Good practices supporting the development of AI projects within an organization
- ISO/IEC FDIS 42001 Information technology — Artificial intelligence — Management system
Overview of artificial intelligence
- ISO/IEC 22989:2022 Information technology — Artificial intelligence — Artificial intelligence concepts and terminology
- ISO/IEC 23053:2022 Framework for Artificial Intelligence (AI) Systems Using Machine Learning (ML)
- Learn how to use Cloud resources
- Learn the good practices related to AI system lifecycle (for example, data usage, model training, system testing) using some international standards:
- Data usage
- ISO/IEC 8183:2023 Information technology — Artificial intelligence — Data life cycle framework
- ISO/IEC 5259 series on Data quality for analytics and machine learning (ML)
- ML model development
- ISO/IEC TR 24372:2021 Information technology — Artificial intelligence (AI) — Overview of computational approaches for AI systems
- System testing
- ISO/IEC AWI TS 29119-11 Information technology — Artificial intelligence — Part 11: Testing for AI systems
- ISO/IEC 4213:2022 Information technology — Artificial intelligence Assessment of machine learning classification performance
- Understand how to address some trustworthiness risks (for example, bias, robustness) based on the inputs from standards:
- ISO/IEC 25059:2023 Software engineering — Systems and software Quality Requirements and Evaluation (SQuaRE) — Quality model for AI systems
- ISO/IEC TR 24027:2021 Information technology — Artificial intelligence (AI) — Bias in AI systems and AI aided decision making
- ISO/IEC DTS 12791 Information technology — Artificial intelligence — Treatment of unwanted bias in classification and regression machine learning tasks
- ISO/IEC TR 24029-1:2021 Artificial Intelligence (AI) — Assessment of the robustness of neural networks — Part 1: Overview
Standards development process
- Overview of ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 42 Artificial Intelligence
- Overview of CEN/CLC JTC 21 Artificial Intelligence
- Overview of ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 38 Cloud computing and distributed platforms
- How to follow and contribute to standards development
- How to consult standards
Mrs. Rim Doukha, project officer – ANEC GIE & Ms. Natalia Vinogradova, Head of standardization department – ANEC GIE.
A certificate of participation issued by ILNAS, a recognized training organization, will be provided at the end of the course.
Time: 9.00 – 17.00
ILNAS/ANEC GIE – 8th floor
Southlane Tower 1
1, avenue du Swing
Price: 550 € excluding VAT
Maximum number of participants: 10
Registration deadline: 01/12/2023
The training session could be canceled or postponed if the number of registrations does not reach the required minimum.
In case of unexcused absence or if a registration is canceled without prior notice within 48 hours before the training workshop, we reserve the right to temporarily deny access to our future events or trainings to the individuals concerned.
- Registration to the training workshop “Artificial intelligence and technical standardization “
- Overview of standardization activities in the domain of Artificial Intelligence
- White Paper ILNAS “Artificial Intelligence – Technology, Use Cases and Applications, Trustworthiness and Technical Standardization”